Sunday, July 6, 2008

Compelling... Isn't It?

22 And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. ~Acts 20:22-24

com·pel-- to force or drive, esp. to a course of action

When the above verse from Acts was posted onto the screen this morning, I took a deep breath. Today I felt like the message was about my life. I made the decision to allow faith to drive me, and today I feel like God was speaking directly to me for the first time in my life.

Thanks God.

I'm having a hard time explaining to people outside of my immediate support system my purpose in going to India. I am disappointed in the reactions that I am getting outside of the Evergreen Community. Yes, I am compelled to go to India. But, I also believe that I am being called to serve in India. This is seriously exciting as I feel that for the first time in my life, I am living in a truly unselfish state, and letting God lead me in the direction that I am heading for.

My next project... trying to fund raise for my trip.

No comments: