Tuesday, July 1, 2008

If You Can't Say Something Nice...

I am giving up negativity for Lent. Yeah, I know that it's not Lent season. But why not??

The past few days have been really stressful. I have had a lot going on with various people in my life. My family is completely stressing me out. My roommate situation is stressing me out. I need to make it all go away, at least the negative parts of it.

So, I'm going to give a trial to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." It's a very third-grade philosophy, but I think that as adults we forget that we epitomize negativity and turn it into this monster that takes on a life of it's own.

I am getting it from every direction. Right now, it's my mom trying to change my mind about going to India. She is worried about my safety, which is completely understandable. But now she is bargaining with me to try to convince me to stay in the country. It's just not going to work.

If I make it through the week without being negative, I will be very pleased with myself.

Resentment kills a fool, and envy slays the simple. ~Job 5:2

No comments: