Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today Is Going To Be A Good Day

I woke up this morning thinking that today is going to be a good day. I went to the grocery store to get some fruit and a very large man, probably in his late 40's, was sitting with the driver's side door open to his minivan with the radio really loud. He was singing some Whitney Houston duet/ballad thing, and thoroughly enjoying himself. He's going to have a good day.

I was leaving lil' EBs house last night, with a particular song in my head. So, I got in my car and put on some Missy Higgins to try to get this song out of my head. This worked... for about 15 minutes, until I got home. I walked the dog, and sang the song. I brushed my teeth, and sang the song. I talked to my roomie, and sang the song. I went to bed and prayed, and learned that if God didn't already know all of the lyrics to "Does This Ring A Bell?", that He does now. Instead of praying, I found myself singing in my head.

Does this ring a bell?
Ring-a-ling a bell?
Does it hurt, love?
Hurt like hell?
Does the sweat from my brow
Drip drip
Bring about anything that will make this better?

To premise this, lil' EB and I were doing some research to see where we can get her some gigs. I was super excited about this. I love doing this. I love knowing that when lil' EB becomes a huge success that I was there at the beginning, lovingly badgering the crap out of her to get her recording done and helping talk to potential studio guys. YAY!!! I have had more fun, and been more exhausted, in the past two weeks than I have had in the past two years. Love you girl, you rock!!

Oh... checking off one of my goals today.

This morning I received an email from a woman named Divya, with Oasis India. She asked what my interests were in getting involved with the organization, and then suggested that I contact the folks at OasisUK. Oasis has organizations all over the world that do humanitarian efforts. So, this is my next move. I finally feel like I am getting something done for myself. Thanks for the push, ladies!!

No comments: