Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Other Shoe

Half barefoot,
waiting for the other shoe
to fall.
Never completely confident
in what is
or what should be
or what is apparent.
Conditional love?
Or is it supposed to be
the other way around?
I wonder why I wait for
Gravity to be inevitable.
These eggshells that you have me
Walking on
Hurt my foot.
And I wonder how much more
I am supposed to endure.
Eventually, the other shoe
Will fall
And I will be gone.
~me

I was reading an email from a friend this morning and noticed this as her signature...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

I need to remember this.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Your value as a person living on this earth is far beyond understanding. Your value as the unique, fabulous, powerful person named Kerry Smith is astronomically beyond understanding. My life, and Erin's life, and Alicia's life, and the life of every other person who knows you is insanely improved because of you.

Kerry said...

Thanks for making me cry lank-EB.

Elaine said...

Hey, I owe you on that account...