Thursday, May 1, 2008

Globe Trottin'

For those of you who have been following, I woke up in a great mood today. I slept well, despite my head cold... which I believe is beginning to subside. YAY!! And I think that my grumpiness is going on hiatus now, so double-yay!!

We had the first unofficial gathering of the "I'm going to push you to do what you keep talking about" (or the Deal With Your Stuff) club yesterday. I had kind of a break through regarding stuff that needs to be considered. A great lady named Laura contacted me from OasisUK with tons of information and organizations (State-side) to contact. Which I did, and spoke with Paul at OasisUSA in Pasadena. Paul told me that unless I am fluent in Mandarin (cuz who isn't??) that there is not a lot of actual "getting your hands dirty" work stateside. Mostly, in the U.S. they do traffic awareness. I think that I have already been doing this, but I am determined to keep at it and make folks aware of what is going on around the world.

Isaiah 49:1-4 "listen to me, all you in distant lands! Pay attention, all you who are far away! The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name. He made my words of judgement as sharp as a sword. He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand. I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver. He said to me, 'you are my servant, Israel, and you will bring me glory.' I replied, 'But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my reward.'"

I am completely torn on where to go and what to do. I am hearing "a call" to definitely work in some kind of social justice area (yes, Alicia... I can't believe that I admitted it either)... but I don't know where or with who. I worry about being supported doing this kind of work, rather than missionary work. Both have such an appeal to me. But, I hate the idea of having to evangelize, and I don't think that trying to influence others to follow God's plan is my place.

The world needs so much. For some reason, I feel like I need to touch all of it... and I can't. I am one person. I think that one of my main problems is that I have too much passion. Can this actually be a bad thing? There are so many options. I have no idea of where to start. I worry about making a bad decision, but at the same time I wonder how doing this kind of work anywhere for any amount of time could be bad. Brazil, Cambodia, Peru, India, Ukraine, Bangladesh... all of these places need assistance with reintegration of women and children into society from human trafficing. God, where do you want me?? I need a direction so that I can start learning languages!! The more I think about it, the more I feel completely overwhelmed.

To learn more information on human trafficing, please check out these websites and read the survival stories: http://www.oasisuk.org/ and http://www.stopthetraffik.org/

Freedom, give it to me
That's what I want now
Freedom, that's what I need now
Freedom to live
Freedom, so I can give
~Jimi Hendrix

LankEB and I went to see Jason Adamo play last night with his band. If you haven't heard him, I highly recommend that you check him out. He has a CD coming out next month, I am very excited about this. He's a super nice guy, and not bad to look at either (the guys he plays with are supercute too). Last night was the first night that I got to hear him play all of his own music. This was so exciting to me. Lil'EB and I met this guy about a month ago, and have seen him play a few times in various places. But he always seems to do covers and tries to work in his own stuff, so this was quite a treat. You can hear his music at www.myspace.com/jasonadamo


No comments: