Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Doing It For Spiritual Reasons

I am getting tired of my own responses to questions lately, as I feel like I have the same answer for all questions regarding changes that I have made in my life.

"Why are you getting rid of so much stuff?"... I am doing it for spiritual reasons.
"So, why did you go vegan?"... I did it for spiritual reasons.
"Why did you pierce your nose?"... I did it for spiritual reasons.
"Why would you possibly want to live in a third world country for two years?"... aside from the fact that that part of the world is in desperate need of any kind of support whatsoever and I am capable of doing the support work that is needed there... I am doing it for spiritual reasons.

Everything that I have done in the past few months has been for spiritual reasons. Any decisions that I make... every person that I have to change my tune about... every argument that I walk away from... everything. God has been really good to me in the past few months, the least I can do is be good to the world that He has given to me.

Today I was told that I was an inspiration to someone. I'm not sure of what I did to inspire someone, and she didn't specify what I had said or done. But it makes me feel like I am doing something right, even though lately I have really been feeling like I have been screwing everything up.

Finally you speak
The truth comes out
And your world is inflated
'Cause it's all you think about
You can't stop staring
You don't want to ask
With everything in common
It won't last
~School of Fish

On another note...
Last night I hung out at this new bar (new to me, not the world) and had a great time. Erin and Mary (new Evergreener) did open mic there. I met the nicest people. I lost my favorite sweater (note to self, find my sweater)... I also got my first guitar lesson. I learned some cords and now my fingers hurt. It was so much fun.

No comments: