Friday, May 2, 2008

The Bain of Technology


As one of my new goals, I have been diligently researching this cause that I have become sucked into. Sadly, I don't see light at the end of the tunnel for human-trafficing. I made a promise to myself that I would do one really thorough investigation of a topic each day. This morning I decided to research human-trafficing in the U.S.

I encourage you to check out the story at the link below, which describes how women and children are being put up for sale, in the U.S. on Craigslist. http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/children-for-sale-on-craigslist.html
Sex trafficing has become an epidemic of ridiculous proportions, world wide. Not only are men, women, and children being forced from families (sometimes by the actual family) to go into slavery and prostitution; but now the internet has made such trades even easier.
My interest in getting involved with the folks who reintegrate freed trafficees back into society has become even stronger. I will be sure to post warning signs of trafficing in a future blog.

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.~Leviticus 26:13

No comments: