Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh... The Cookies of Deliciousness!!


Okay, I have perfected the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe:

1 cup vegan margarine
1 cup brown sugar
Equivalent to 1 egg of vegan egg replacement (I used Ener-G Egg Replacement)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
~~beat until well mixed


THEN:
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups unbleached flour
~~mix to the above wet ingredients


THEN:
12 oz. vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghiradelli or Trader Joe's)
1 to 1 1/4 cups sweetened (by cane juice) coconut flakes or shavings (I bought the Kroger brand)
~~fold into the batter (try to not eat the batter, as it is super tasty)

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the tops are just browning (or however you like your cookies)

This makes about 3 dozen, good sized cookies.

Vegans everywhere will love you for making these.
If you decide to toast your coconut, let me know how it comes out... that is my next project.
P.S. They probably won't look like the picture. I just stole that picture from the internet to get you excited. Did it work??

2 comments:

Kari said...

BEST Cookies in the world!!

eb said...

I haven't tried this recipe, but I do have experience toasting coconut. It tastes great, but it is very touchy, and goes from white to burnt very quickly! So be attentive -- I've found that doing it in pyrex is less touchy than using a metal cookie sheet . . .